Since our launch 7 years ago, we’ve harnessed social media to support the impact of ambitious charities and ethical companies alike, optimising their communications and creating real results. At Naturally Social, we believe that if you can create profit from social media, you could create real change too and when done well, social media can inspire, motivate and drive change. We promote conversation from every angle while keeping social at the sharp end of what we do.
For our low-budget campaign award entry, we highlighted our campaign with The Clinic at Market Lavington. The Clinic is a new business which offers radiosurgery, Botox and dermal filler for patients looking to enhance the best parts of their natural appearance, subtly and safely. As a new business, operated by qualified GPs, they were looking for a brand name, logo and guidelines along with a functional website and social media strategy. The brief was to a very short timeframe with just one month, with a budget of £6,000.
- Create a brand for The Clinic that can be used for online and offline promotion and signage across all touch points.
- Website design and content about the products/services on offer, and reassuring content about the quality of the clinicians.
- Website to attract target audience and convert as well as get them talking about the brand offline and online.
- Generate brand awareness of The Clinic and its services.
- Generate engagement with ideal clients.
- Generate enquiries with the target market.
- Create website traffic and bookings.
We divided the target audience into two ideal clients; the first was the middle-class “yummy mummies” in their early thirties, the second ideal client is the slightly older women, aged between 38 – 50. Based on our target audience, we decided to focus purely on Instagram and Facebook by getting heavily involved with local community groups, introducing the business and getting involved in local discussions to represent The Clinic as an active presence in the community.
During this campaign, we had to overcome the stigmatism around the cosmetic industry and there are lots of big players in the cosmetic industry. This makes standing out hard and where for most smaller companies winning over their local community on social media would be a given, for The Clinic it wasn’t. They didn’t gain instant follows from the local townspeople and instead, we had to prove to them that The Clinic were different and earn their trust; so not only did it feel like we were competing against the thousands of companies online but also every individual in The Clinic’s local community.
By the end of this campaign, we were able to win them over and as a result of our engagement online, The Clinic has been accepted as part of the town. We showed that Instagram and Facebook not only bring you closer to those on the other side of the world but also those on the other side of the street. Through Facebook and Instagram, we were able to completely change the conversation around cosmetic surgery and what The Clinic was offering, something that perhaps wouldn’t have gone smoothly without our strategy and approach.
- The return on investment was tripled in the first 4 months of trading
- 56 new enquiries recorded – on average one every 2 days since launch
- In the first four months of opening, received an 82.5% occupancy of available time booked.
- Facebook at month five: 181 followers, 168 likes and 4,018 engagements
- Instagram at month five: 103 followers, 730 engagements and a reach of 5,939
- Total website views at 2,700 with 962 unique users. Average time per view is 1 minute and 10 seconds.
- Website appears on page one of Google for ‘Botox Devizes’ and at the top of page one for ‘Botox Market Lavington’
We entered this award because we’re incredibly proud of what we achieved with this low-budget campaign. The results we gained with only a short time frame and a low budget really highlighted the impact you can create on social media without spending lots of money. It also showed the importance of creating a strong strategy and targeting your marketing. It’s great to have been able to support a new, small business establish itself and we look forward to supporting them further as the business progresses.
We’re thrilled to be finalists because the UK Social Media Awards are an amazing way to celebrate the creativity and innovation that is involved in achieving outstanding social media campaigns, judged by an esteemed panel of industry leaders and experts. It’s incredible to be finalists alongside some incredible campaigns and it means a lot to be recognised for our hard work.
If you want to know more about us and all things marketing and communications, you can follow us at: